Want to bring attention to your latest newsletter on your homepage? You can do this using News Centre Articles.
Upload your Newsletter to the internet
You can do this using:
- Ultranet's News Centre newsletter manager (recommended)
- Ultranet's resource/links module
- Any external document manager such as Mailchimp or Google Docs.
Tip: You can also upload directly to a news centre article using the hyperlink tool. You should only use this method if you don't need to store your newsletters in one place.
Get your newsletter link
Open your uploaded newsletter and copy the URL address for it, eg:
This may be a link to a newsletter you have uploaded to Ultranet, or any external document manager such as Mailchimp or Google Docs.
Tip: You can also upload directly to a news centre article using the hyperlink tool in the next steps. You should only use this method if you don't need to store your newsletters in one place.
Create your news centre article
Not sure how? See the news centre article management video.
Make sure you include the following in your news centre article...
Give your article an appropriate name
eg: Newsletter, 24 February
Enter an article description
- You may want to include a brief blurb about newsletter highlights.
- Include some 'read more' text for your newsletter link.
Insert the link into the news article
- Highlight the text which will link to the newsletter.
- Select the hyperlink tool.
- Paste the URL address that links to your newsletter.
Tip: if you want the newsletter to open in a new window, select "Target: New Window."
Tip: You can also upload a newsletter file directly to a news centre article using the hyperlink tool. Just select the icon and follow the prompts.
- Select 'ok'.
- Select the article section.
- Select 'Publish to Homepage', and any other locations required.
- Upload an image
- Save changes
- You will need to have news centre article cards set up on the homepage for this.
Don't have this set up? See the news centre article management video.
- Your homepage displays a set amount of news centre articles. Newer articles will replace older ones, so be selective about what you display.
- Your article must have an image to display on the homepage.
Remove it from your homepage
When / if you no longer want your article featuring your newsletter link to display on your homepage, simply uncheck the 'Publish to Homepage' option.