This article provides step by step instructions on how to embed an editable Google doc or spreadsheet into an Ultranet page. There is a small amount of html involved, but it does not require any knowledge beyond copy and paste.
Getting the Google Doc link
- Go to your Google Document (or Google Spreadsheet). You'll need admin rights!
- Click on the ‘Share’ button (top right).
- Click 'Get Shareable Link'.
- Select 'Anyone with the link can view'.
- Select 'Copy Link'.
- Paste the link into notepad or another text editor so that you can use it later.
- Click ‘Done'.
Turn the link into an iframe
- Open up the code you pasted
- Paste this code beneath the link:
<iframe height="620" align="middle" width="100%" border="0" src="GOOGLE DOCS LINK HERE"></iframe>
- Move the Google docs link that you posted previously to replace the text marked "GOOGLE DOCS LINK HERE".
Now you have an iframe to embed on your site.
Embedding into your Ultranet site
Embed the code using the embed widget (see instructions on embed widget).