To upload a Hot Potatoes file so that they are embedded in the page, carry out the following steps:
- Within the page editor, click on the 'Document Manager' icon.
- Create a new folder and title it 'Hot Potatoes' or something else suitably identifiable as being for Hot Potatoes files.
- Upload the two files for the Hot Potatoes into this folder - one file will have a .htm extension, and the other will have a .jqz extension.
- Copy the File Path that can be found towards the top of the Document Manager - it will start '/DataStore/Pages/CLASS.......'. Also note the .htm filename which you wish to embed (eg. testquiz2.htm).
- Click 'Cancel' on the Document Manager and click 'Update Page Content' on the page editor.
- Under the 'Resources' module select 'Add a Resource'.
- Select the 'Embed Web Object' Tab.
- Paste the file path into the 'Source URL' box and add the filename to the end of the extension with a slash, for example "/DataStore/Pages/CLASS_137/Docs/Documents/Hot Potatoes/testquiz2.htm". Take care to ensure that the "http://" which appears by default is removed.
- Select a folder to put the Resource in or create a new one, specifying the new folder title.
- Click 'Create Resource'.
The Hot Potatoes activity will now be part of your Resources module.