A CSV file must be created for the bulk import, update or deletion of user accounts within Ultranet. The key data required can usually be extracted from the school SMS or similar user database.
The CSV file must follow a certain sequence and formatting so that the values can be read and processed.
The order of the columns required, and their content are detailed here.
Once you have the information you require in Excel, to save it in CSV format follow the steps below:
- Choose ‘Save As’ from the File menu. Excel will display the Save As dialog box.
- In the Save As Type drop-down list, choose the CSV (Comma delimited) option.
- Specify a file name and location.
- Click on Save.
- A dialog box may appear telling you that not all Excel features can be maintained in the format that you have chosen. Click Yes to continue saving the information in CSV format.
- Close the workbook without saving.
The file is now ready to import into Ultranet in order for you to create, update or delete user profiles.