This article has been subsequently updated from the original to reflect alterations or functionality added in a recent Ultranet software upgrade.
If the instructions or functionality described below do not appear to match your Ultranet site, it may need to be upgraded to the latest build. If so, please ask your Ultranet administrator to contact us.
The Module Management panel in the Administration section provides an overview of all the modules and their status within Ultranet. Global settings for individual modules can be customised here, as well as adjusting detailed settings for specific modules.
Viewing all available modules and status
To view all the available modules in Ultranet and their current status, click on the Module Overview tab. All installed modules are listed alphabetically in the top section. Modules that are inactive but available for activation are listed below. Clicking on a module title will expand and display a brief description of the module and its function within Ultranet.
To customise module availability, click on the Enable / Disable Modules tab. You will be presented with a grid layout of all the modules and a series of checkboxes.
Modules can either be enabled/disabled at a master level (the furthest left checkbox), or within specific areas of Ultranet (e.g. uSpace, Dashboard, Web pages or Virtual Class pages).
|GREEN||Active. This module is switched on and available for users in this area.|
|WHITE||Disabled. This module is switched off and will not be available for users in this area.|
|GREY||Overridden. Toggle option not available due to module being disabled at top level.|
|N/A||Unavailable. Toggle option is not available for this module area.|
Customising specific module parameters
Certain modules have advanced feature settings that can be modified. To set these, click on the Configure Modules tab.
Specific module settings are available for the following modules:
- Bookings. Configure which user account types have access to the Bookings module from the Navigation Menu.
- Calendar Export. Configure the Calendar time zone settings and daylight saving offsets.
- Media Gallery. A comments section is available in the Media Gallery, and can be enabled/disabled at a global level for the Web pages and Class pages independently. When enabled, users with access to the Media Gallery will be able to comment on any photos, videos or audio files uploaded to albums.
- Messaging Centre. Here you can select which account types receive an email notification when they receive a new message in the Ultranet Messaging Centre. You can also specify whether this includes reply messages.
- News Centre.The News Centre articles can be stripped of HTML formatting if preferred. The News Centre notices can also be shown on a large display screen and the parameters (such as aspect ratio and scrolling speed) can be set here.
- Parent Portal. Toggle the display settings for SMS/LMS data, allowing schools to fine tune what is displayed for students and parents independently.
- Profanity Filter. Customise which modules in Ultranet are to be scanned by the automatic Profanity Filter service. You can also set if results are stored only within Ultranet and/or sent to the abuse moderator via email.
- Quizbox. When exported to PDF, the quizzes can have a default image header (e.g. school logo) added to the top of the page. You can upload this image here.
To update a field, click its “Edit” or "Configure" button to the right and follow the on-screen prompts. Once you have made the necessary changes, click “Update” to save.